- Address: Anogia
- Postal code (ZIP): 740 51
- City/Location: Rethymno - Crete
- Phone: +30-28340 31701, +30-6955-696921
- Fax: +30-28340 31121
How to reach Anogia
From Heraklion the drive is magnificent, winding mountain roads, passing through some interesting villages. Head out of Heraklion on the New National road towards Rethymno and Chania, and take the turn to the Old national road driving for "Gazi" & "Anogia", after 4 km approx. you will see "Anogia" signposted on the left. Towards that point the distance to Anogia is 22.8Km.
In Heraklion there are two central bus stations, one is located near the port (station A), and the other is located in the area of Chanioporta (station B). The bus (green colour) to Anogia leave from bus station B. The timetable is from Monday to Saturday 06:30, 08:30, 12:00, 14:00 and 16:30 and on Sunday 10:00 and 14:00. The cost of the ticket is 3,70€ and the drive takes approximately 1 hour. To reach the bus station B you can either take a taxi or a bus (blue colour) directed to Chanioporta (every five minutes).
From the airport by public transportation: Take the blue colour bus, outside (50 m) of the airport and say to the bus driver to remind you to get off at bus stop CHANIOPORTA. You have to purchase the ticket before you enter the bus. When you reach Chanioporta walk to the bus station for Anogia (50 meters from bus stop).
Approximate cost: 30,00 – 40,00 €.
- From Heraklion (city) : 36km
- From Heraklion (airport) : 40km
- From Rethymnon (city) : 55km
- From Chania (city) : 112km
- From Chania (airport) : 113km
- From Ag. Nikolao : 101km
- Everyday from Heraklion to Anogia: 06:30-08:30-12:00-14:00-16:30
- Everyday from Anogia to Heraklion: 07:30-09:30-14:00-17:30
There are three bus stops located in Anogia.